How To Follow #Hashtags In D* (Diaspora* Alpha)Posted: 9 February 2012 | |
Following #Hashtags — This means that all posts with that #tag will appear in your stream. To follow #tags is easy:
- Under “Explore,” click on #Followed Tags. (see Figure 1).
- Enter the #tag you wish to follow (e.g., entering #pillowfortress will keep you updated on new posts to this blog).
- That’s it. All posts with that #tag will now appear in your stream.
- Note that all users following a #tag are listed when you click on that #tag (under #Followed Tags in the left panel).
See Posts With A #Tag — Alternatively, you can search for #tags and see what people are saying without following a #tag.
- Go to the Search box (see Figure 2)—in some versions of D*, this is called “Find people or #tags” (see Figure 3).
- Enter the #tag you wish to follow. For instance, if you enter #pillowfortess into the search box, all posts tagged #pillowfortress will appear.
- Note that in some versions of D* you can find other people who follow that #tag in the left panel.
- If you wish to follow a tag, see the instructions above.
=== Related Posts On PillowFortress ===
– How NOT to be private in D* (Or, How To Expose Yourself To Strangers) (Diaspora* Alpha)
On ‘The Stream‘
– D* ‘Explore’ Stream (Diaspora* Alpha)
– Only See Your Friends In Your Stream (Diaspora* Alpha)
On ‘Friends’ (aka ‘Mutually Following’)
– Finding Your Friends On D* (Diaspora* Alpha)
On ‘Following’ Someone
– How To Follow Someone On D* (Diaspora* Alpha)
Finally: All Diaspora Tutorials In One Click